Friday, January 29, 2016

Book Blog #20

The 5th Wave movie came out and I like to read books before watching the movie just so I can say "this part's different," or "she has red hair not blonde, ugh do they pay any attention to detail!?" and so on.
Aliens have invaded Earth. They send out four "waves;" first everything that has an engine or runs using electricity is dead. Next, there's a giant earthquake that sends everyone running toward the center of continents. With that many people in one place, disease kills most of the remaining population. Finally, the Others arrive. They plant themselves in human brains and take over their bodies. Cassie is one of the survivors. The Others take her brother, and Cassie wants to get him back.
I liked this book. It was captivating and even though there were some big blocks of text I skipped over, it was good overall.
No warnings.
Next, I will read the second book in The Naturals series, Killer Instinct.

6 comments:

  1. Hiss hiss, you were a bad winner. Anyway, very nice description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willa excuse me, this is the first time I've won all year thanks to SOMEONE

      Delete
    2. No it isn't Thea, no it isn't.

      Delete
  2. I like your reason for reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about reading books before movies. Its fun making people wrong.

    ReplyDelete