Monday, February 8, 2016

Book Blog #21

     Max said to read a book that won awards, so I chose Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. It won three awards so I would have expected it to be better than it was. I was not impressed. I barely noticed any plot so it felt like the book was just a very long story with no end or beginning. 
It's about this kid named Aristotle who goes by Ari. One day he meets this other kid named Dante and they become friends. The whole story is basically about them being friends with other stuff happening in the background. Like I said, there is almost no plot. That's the best I can describe the book because there's no climax point, antagonist, even protagonist, or anything semi-important to make a good story. I would not recommend this to anyone. It was really boring and hard to read. Some mature topics.

3 comments:

  1. Well then, I'm glad you're honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, interesting. I would think a book with THREE awards would be better, but nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, when I read it I didn't think it should have gotten 3 awards. Your review is very accurate, and I like that you are honest.

    ReplyDelete