Monday, March 21, 2016

Book Blog #25

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson is a book about a girl named Melinda who is just starting high school. She doesn't fit in. She only made one friend named Heather. All her other friends from last year hate her, tugging her hair at lunch and throwing things at her. In fact, everyone at the school hates her because she called the cops on an end-of-the-year party. Several people got arrested and everyone blames Melinda.  She expects things to go back to normal after the party thing cools down, but they aren't. Melinda is still hated. As the year progresses, Melinda becomes more and more depressed and chooses not to speak to anyone. But what happened at the party that forced her to call the police?
This book is very good. I've found myself reading a lot of depressing books recently and I have to say that this one is the best. This is Laurie Halse Anderson's first novel, so if you've read anything else by her I would recommend this one.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about this book. Nice blog; I might read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've read this book but I don't really remember it. It sounds really good so I'll definitely check it out. Nice description, and if you are into reading depressing books I would recommend the book I wrote about to you.

    ReplyDelete