Friday, December 4, 2015

Book Blog #14

     I read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. It is decent. It's kind of the love story / fantasy genre that you would expect from a Rainbow Rowell book. I'm not going to say that it is the best book she's written.

     If you read Fangirl, it is about a girl who writes hit fanfiction for a book series called Simon Snow. In Fangirl, some chapters are from a fanfic book she's writing called Carry On. This book is that book.

     Simon Snow and his roommate, Baz the vampire, are enemies. They like to try to kill each other. There is this mysterious evil thing called The Humdrum that is attacking the Watford School of Magicks (see, fantasy. And not "magic,"no, it's called "magick") where they go to school. They need to get along and defeat it.
     There are some mature topics and language in this book. It's definitely fantasy, which is the main reason I didn't like it as much as I would, so I wouldn't recommend it to someone who feels the same.

3 comments:

  1. I'm probably going to read this. Cool review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting book. I have never read a fantasy book since Harry Potter (5 years ago) and I have never read a love book. This does sound like a good book to start each genre. Finally, would I need to read Fangirl to understand this book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good book. I might look into reading it. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete