Friday, September 4, 2015

Book Blog #2

I read the book Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. It is about a girl who's lives in a world divided by blood. There are the Silvers; people born with silver blood and super powers. There are the Reds; normal people with red blood. They are the slaves of the Silvers. Mare Barrow, a Red, is a thief. She steals from Silvers to make a living for her family. She is caught and taken before the Silver queen and king to be tried. There, she finds an amazing ability she didn't know she had. A genetic mutation.

First few sentences of the book: "I hate First Friday. It makes the village crowded, and now, in the heat of high summer, that's the last thing anyone wants." This was a first person narration. In my opinion it was effective because it made me want to know what "First Friday" is and why it's important.

TBR: The Shining

10 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I liked your summary, it made me want to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first sentence makes me want to read this book too! You portrayed it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first sentence makes me want to read this book too! You portrayed it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really neat book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way you decribe this book makes me want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds like a really interesting book. I also liked the first sentence. it entices me to find out more like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the beginning. It raises lots of good questions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a really good book! I like the beginning, it draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds super cool, I think I may read it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! What kinds of superpowers? Is silver blood genetic? Want to read!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete